Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Low Fat, Sugar Free, Vegan Banana Bread

I received a beautiful Kitchen Aid Stand Mixer for my Birthday! This is its christening recipe. This recipe is quick and easy and Banana Bread is always a popular snack.  This version is vegan and if you leave out the chocolate chips, diabetic and candida friendly.  I have used this recipe for muffins and to make a Banana Cake for Birthdays.

What you need:

1/2 cup Applesauce
1 cup Coconut Palm Sugar
3 Mashed Bananas (I usually use bananas that I have frozen because they were to ripe for anyone to eat)
1 tsp Baking Soda
2 cups Whole Wheat Flour
Vegan Chocolate Chips to taste (adding chocolate chips does add sugar)
* you can also add walnuts

Mix ingredients in order, pour into bread pan and bake at 350 for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the centre come out clean
This recipe also works as muffins, just adjust the baking time to 15 - 20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment